Part I: What was the most difficult part of the material for you?
I don't understand the definition of the Cartesian product of G1, G2, ..., Gk because the book says that it is (a1, a2, ..., an)(b1, b2, ...bn)=(a1b1, a2b2, a3b3, ...,anbn). That doesn't make sense to me at all, because I think of it as G1=a1,a2,a3,....,an or G2=b1,b2,....,bn). So I don't see where G3, G4,....,Gk came into the product.
Part II: Write something reflective about the reading.
The first example in the book is really interesting since the books shows us the connection that M and N make to MxN. I don't really understand why all of this may be useful to us working in groups, but it seems interesting. It feels like we are just finding ways that other things about groups are similar to simpler groups, so I guess I just wonder why we even study the complicated stuff when it is similar to the simpler ideas in group theory.
No comments:
Post a Comment