Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Section 4.3, Due February 3

Part I: What was the most difficult part of the material for you?

The definition of an associate is when I started to get a little lost. I think it would have made more sense to me if the book had given examples that showed the idea. Then when I read the definition of irreducible, I was really lost because I had to understand what an associate is. The example afterwards helped me a little bit, but I am still most confused about what associate and irreducibility is.

Part II: Write something reflective about the reading.

I understand that his section connects to a previous section we did with the integers and prime, but the book didn't really focus so much on connecting the idea of irreducibility in with primes. I eventually saw some of the equivalences on my own which was interesting to make the connection myself. It would have been more helpful though I think if the book did connect these two ideas more so.

No comments:

Post a Comment